Pelican Landing Therapy & Fitness Programs
At Pelican Landing, your comfort, security, and convenience needs are important to us. We are pleased to offer our residents access to an on-site fitness center, fitness classes, and occupational therapy services. Our fitness and therapy services aim to help individuals improved and maintain their independence and safety during daily tasks, so they can stay healthy and active.
Keeping fit and participating in an active lifestyle benefits a person’s quality of life and has been proven to:
- Increase lean muscle tissue resulting in increased strength and mobility
- Increase energy and improve bone density
- Increase balance and decrease risk of falls
- Lower the risk of dementia or dementia progression
Fitness Center Information
- State-of-the art facility that emphasizes health and wellness with active aging
- Cardiovascular strength training area with age-friendly equipment
- Fitness equipment orientation provided by therapist
- Fitness classes provided by our Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Trisa Hutchinson
Community exercise classes led by Dr. Trisa Hutchinson, Occupational Therapist
This Pelican Landings fitness program which is offered 5 days per week for residents.
Group classes focused on:
- Overall Well-Being
- Improving Strength
- Reducing Risk of Falls
- Improving Balance
- Increasing Independence
Monday - Friday
Trisa Hutchinson, OTD, OTR/L
My name is Trisa Hutchinson, and I am an occupational therapist. I was born and raised in Detroit Lakes, MN and am excited to serve this community through OT.
I am eager and grateful to help patients of all different ages with various diagnoses, pains, and needs. I am not only open to residents at Pelican Landing, but I also serve all individuals of the general public. OT is my passion, and I love working with patients to develop goals and treatment plans that fit each of their individualized needs.
I have a certification in LSVT-BIG, a treatment approach to help individuals with Parkinson’s Disease use their bodies with more control. The LSVT-BIG treatment approach is tailored to each person, so it is effective in helping people with PD regardless of the stage or severity of one’s condition.
I am dedicated to providing patient-centered treatments to promote independence and maximize function to improve the lives of the people I get to work with.
“Promoting independence and well-being through participation in activities of life.”